Saturday, April 25, 2009

Update

So I was bad and skipped another week last week- sorry! We have just continued to enjoy our little Natalie. The biggest moments have been the following:
-a great school co-worker and friend gave us an exosaucer and a jumperoo. Natalie loves the jumperoo. She just dangles in it because she is too short still, but she doesn't mind. She loves watching the lights and hearing the music. I even got great video where she was all smiles at me then suddenly realizes that she is in her jumperoo and she makes this "oh my goodness" face. It is so adorable!
-We had our Easter family gathering at my aunt Jennifer's. Natalie did great and showed everyone how she loves to chat while sitting in the bumbo
-Natalie is completely sleeping in her crib now. This is mainly because she is now able to move herself around while lying on her back (if she was in her bassinet, this just makes her face go into the side which makes her quite upset). She seems to be in the early stages of learning to roll over. She can turn her upper body, but cannot get the lower half to finish the job. However, with this movement, she can completely reposition herself from her original spot.
-Natalie had her first morning of garage sales this morning. We did really great with finding a pack n play, lots of clothes (including some beautiful dresses) and an infant carrier which I immediately started using as soon as we bought it (thanks Mom/Grandma!!) She loves the carrier, so I even used it when we went to the grocery store today as well.
-Today Natalie has been giggling several times. My mom (grandma) was the first to really get some good giggles out of her. I was able to get some this evening. That sound is something that can truly melt your heart. I can't wait until we can get that on film. It may take awhile because we never know what will crack her up and it is very brief. However, we still love it!
- And finally, Natalie has a new set of wheels to enjoy! Joel's car was beginning to act up, including having bad tires, so we decided that we better trade it in while it still was decent. We bought an 04 Honda Pilot. It is really nice and I love it a lot. I say that it officially makes me a mommy since I have the stereotypical SUV now to cart my Natalie around in. We love the extra space. Natalie seems to enjoy the smooth ride and the tinted side windows that minimizes the sun in her eyes.

Our next typed update will probably be her big 4 month birthday! We can't wait to do another comparison shot with her doll! She will also have another doctor appt so we will get an official weigh in to see how she is doing as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let Natalie (and Mommy and Daddy) know what you think!!