Monday, November 30, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree!

Another video! Joel and I have never had a Christmas tree. (ok, technically, we had a little 2 ft fiber optic tree, but never an actual tree that could hold decorations or have presents underneath) At first, I thought that we would still hold out on getting a tree until next year when Christmas had a bigger meaning to Natalie. But then I got to thinking and got sentimental thinking about Natalie's first Christmas. I want it to be perfect and filled with awesome memories and photographs. So, since I am a huge Black Friday shopper, I decided to look for a deal on a Christmas tree. Of course I found one!
It is a simple 6 foot tree- nothing fancy about it, but it is cute and has charm. We set it up on Friday. We then took Natalie out of the room, turned off all of the lights, turned on the video camera, and waited to capture the moment.
I will forever cherish the sparkle in her eye and the sense of wonder and awe across her face. May this be the first of many wonderful holiday memories!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, how precious! Her reaction was great, thanks for sharing. I am sure Grandma Harris will love this one. Rene (Altoona)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE! She is TOTALLY in AWE ... Good decision to have a tree this year, guys. HOW FUN for all of you. Merry Christmas, and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I was debating on whether or not to put up our tree this year and this video sealed the deal--its a YES! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Let Natalie (and Mommy and Daddy) know what you think!!