Sunday, January 22, 2012

Finally Mommy's Letter to You

Dearest Natalie,
Sorry that this letter is so tardy. I didn't want to rush myself through your yearly letter from me. So, time just got away from me. Anyway, here I finally am, to write to you.
You are the most beautiful, bright, bubbly, bouncing little girl I have ever met. There is not a day that goes by that I do not thank God for such an amazing gift of being your mommy. I decided to pull up last year's letter and compare how much you have changed this year:

from sippy cup to cups with no lids
from racing across the room to hopping, dancing, prancing, etc. across the room
from forming sentences to having entire conversations that have humor, wit, and deep thinking
from a few foods that you won't eat to eating normal lunch time foods at preschool
from loving on Pumba and ordering him around to playing dress up with him...and still ordering him around
from calling friends from day care on your pretend phone to telling us what you learned at preschool
from dancing and praising Him at church to saying our meal time prayers on your own
from attempting to put on your own clothes to mastering it with most items
from repeating something that is funny to finding humor in all kinds of situations
from beginning to identify letters and numbers to being able to identify all of them
from playing games and pretending to playing actual board games and having pretend characters play with you
from reciting a few favorite stories to sitting through several books at a time and rereading them on your own
from tons of hugs and kisses throughout the day to ...well, that hasn't changed
from saying I love you without prompting to saying it out of the blue to show you really mean it
from just starting to learn manners to being very polite, even to random toys
from a tiny bit of hair to...well, more hair! That is now very curly and if it was straight would almost touch your shoulders in a few places!
from diapers to fully potty trained!!!

This really has been a year full of learning and changes and I have loved being along for the ride. My love for you just continues to grow! I pray that you know that and feel my love and support for you every day of your life. I know that this next year will provide tons more learning and developing...and maybe even adding to our family! So I am holding you closer than ever and enjoying every single moment. I love you Natalie Lynai and I always will.
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let Natalie (and Mommy and Daddy) know what you think!!