Thursday, March 22, 2012

Her First Flu

We had another first- Natalie's first flu! She woke up on a Saturday with symptoms that just seemed like a terrible cold. On Sunday she seemed better but was running a slight temp around 100. Monday she seemed even better but since it was Casmir Pulaski Day I had the day off so I kept her at home. Tuesday I had to be at work because it was the beginning of ISATs, but we could tell that Natalie seemed to be worse. They called me at 1pm and said that she was miserable and asked if I could come get her. So I took her to the doctor to see what was wrong. The doctor could find nothing in particular wrong, but said she would run an influenza test just to be sure. The test results would not be available until the next morning. On Wednesday she still seemed terrible but with no diagnosis, I took her in and cried to Mrs powers that I really had no choice and if she would call if I needed to come but I just needed to make it to lunch. Well Grandma Virginia thought that I needed to come, so I was called. I called the doctor and found out that they forgot to order the test! The results came at around 3:30pm. She tested positive or influenza B! I was told that this is a really nasty illness and she must be miserable. Yep, I felt like mom of the year! Grandma came and stayed with her on Thursday and then there was no school on Friday so she got one more day to improve. It was one nasty bug!!! The pic is from the onset of the illness on Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. Praying that she is feeling beter now. So sad when kids are sick - you want to help so much; but just being there for them is what they need.
    With lots of prayers for all of you. Rene ♥

    ReplyDelete

Let Natalie (and Mommy and Daddy) know what you think!!