Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Melt my heart

First of all, I'm sorry it's been so long since I updated your blog! The good news is that we've been having fun together in the months between now and then!

I just wanted to let you know how much you touched me and melted my heart yesterday. When I was helping you get ready for bed last night, out of nowhere you said "You're a good dad". And you said it with such sweetness and earnestness. I said "aww, why did you say that?". You said "I don't know. You just are."

Well, my heart is melted once again by your sweet sentiments.

I'm so proud of the big girl you are. I called you a little girl last week and you corrected me that you're a big girl. That is true. As hard as it is for me to let go of my "little girl", I fully embrace the awesome moments I am (and will be) sharing with my big girl.

I told you the other day that there's nothing you can't do if you try. This is 100% true. I know many parents say that to their child as a form of hollow encouragement, but I genuinely believe what I said. You are a brilliant young lady with many talents and an amazing work ethic. The fact that you are excelling at a gifted school in your first year at Iles is just one piece of proof.

I love you with all of my heart, Natalie. Thank you for being you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let Natalie (and Mommy and Daddy) know what you think!!