Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Great Night

Natalie had a great night of sleeping last night. She had some issues the previous couple of nights especially from about 11 til 3am. She just wouldn't fall asleep and was extremely fussy. I had to play detective to think what could be different because most of her first week she had been doing great and of course I wanted that back. I am not sure if this was the trick, but I realized that before we got her bassinet, she slept in her room in the complete dark. When we moved her into our room in the bassinet, I kept the bathroom light on so I could easily check on her and get up for feedings. So last night I kept the light off, and that seemed to do the trick! I also just felt better throughout the night because I put Joel on baby duty starting at 8pm and I slept between feedings.
Other than getting through the nights, Natalie continues to be a perfect little girl. We are still working on trying to get more wide awake, eyes open time between the countless hours that she sleeps. Sometimes we get quite a bit, sometimes she is not interested at all. However, when we do have wide awake moments (like the previously posted video) it is something that I cherish. I love to watch her absorbing everything around her and at times even looking like there is just too much in the world to try and take in.
Today will be another great hibernation day. The temperatures outside are below zero with wind chills at around -27. Perfect day for snuggling and loving our precious little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let Natalie (and Mommy and Daddy) know what you think!!