Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy Week Birthday!

We can't believe that our Natalie is already a week old! Time is already going by so fast and I already find myself emotional at the fact that time continues to fly by as I try to enjoy every minute of her.
Today we saw a bit more of wide-awake time, which has been rare. It was so much fun to talk to her and watch her trying to process the world around her.
Our friend Jason was over for a bit today and at one point he commented that she seemed to recognize Joel and I's voice when we would talk and would react to hearing us. That warmed my heart as well.
We have been amazed at how such a small little package can fill so many diapers. We swear that she enjoys having a clean diaper only to dirty it before you can even take her into the next room! Yesterday she had a record of three diapers in 30 minutes!
Tomorrow is going to be a very hard day for me. I have to go to the doctor because of my high blood pressure and tomorrow night is my first masters class. I can hardly stand the thought of being away from her for several hours and I hope I can make it through without too many tears. I know that Joel and Natalie will be fine and enjoy each other, but I just hate that I won't be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let Natalie (and Mommy and Daddy) know what you think!!