Sunday, March 1, 2009

Another Week Gone By



If you haven't noticed, I think that our blog will now have weekly updates unless something major happens. I think that routine will work out best with our schedules now.
This past week was not nearly as eventful as the week before, which was kind of nice. We seem to be getting into a routine with day care and I actually got to work on time every day! Wahoo!
Natalie has pretty much grown out of all of her newborn sized items, except for a few things. Now she is in 0-3 month, and 3 month sized clothes. It is fun to have new things to wear, but I am also sad to already say goodbye to some of her cute little outfits. I am including two poor quality pictures of one of her new outfits that we got from someone in our small group. If she was any older, I would not like this outfit, but at nearly two months, this is adorable!
This week I also took Natalie to her first professional development meeting. I had a school meeting from 4:30-7 on Thursday and Joel was working evenings that day, so I had to take her with me. Of course everyone loved seeing her and she was excellent the entire time (mainly she slept through the whole thing).
The one big milestone from this week is authentic, social smiling. We had been seeing a few fleeting smiles for awhile, but they were rare enough that we still questioned if they were on purpose. But on Friday night, we all fell asleep in the living room and didn't wake up until around 12:30am. Then Miss Natalie was wide awake for a bit and smiling like crazy! I have read that you shouldn't interact with them too much when it is late, but we couldn't help ourselves, it was way too much fun and wonderful to see. Since then we have seen several smiles that just warm our hearts.
We have not been able to capture these on camera yet- mainly because we never know when we are going to get one, and we are enjoying them too much live to stop and get a camera!
Our next update will be a big one because Natalie has her two month doctor visit this week. We will finally get an official weight and height which we are looking forward to finding out. Unfortunately this is also her immunization visit, which I am not looking forward to! I think there will be tears from both of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let Natalie (and Mommy and Daddy) know what you think!!