Monday, March 9, 2009

Overdue Doctor Appt and Week Update

I missed updating the blog over the weekend. of course the highlight of last week was Natalie turning 2 months old. Her dr. appt went well. She weighs 11 pounds 6 ounces, which puts her in the 75th percentile. She is 22 inches long, which is actually only the 50th percentile, which surprised me. I described again how Natalie seems to have some reflux issues that were concerning us, so the doctor put her on liquid Zantac. I didn't like the idea of her being on meds, but the doctor assured me that it would not hurt her and was worth trying. Unfortunately, the medicine must taste horrible because Natalie sure puts up an excellent struggle every time it is time for a dose! Natalie received her first round of shots. She cried pretty hard, which so did I. Afterwards she slept pretty well, but when she woke up around 6, she cried pretty much nonstop for over an hour. It was probably the most stressful and worrisome hour that we have had yet. Thankfully she calmed down and slept pretty well that night.

The next day i was feeling a bit under the weather, so I decided to stay home. I kept Natalie home with me. That was the day that I read to Natalie from the first time and discovered how much she loves it! She stares so intently at the pictures and let me read all of her books to her as she just sat there taking it all in. Her favorite book right now is Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? She loves the picture of the white dog that has a black background. She visibly reacts to that page with a lot of kicking and moving her arms excitedly. It is so cute!

On Friday she had another interesting milestone at day care- a bad enough diaper that they had to give her a bath! I felt bad for the workers when I heard that, but they seemed to be ok with that fact.

Over the weekend, we bought Natalie a playmat/gym. It has lots of toys hanging for her to look up while lying on her back. When we first put her down to enjoy it, we had to laugh because this was the first time that we had put her down on the living room floor. Instead of investigating her new toy she was more impressed with the tv! However, she did get over that and discovered when she kicked her foot, she made the rattle make a noise. This really made her proud of herself and she did it over and over and over! She is growing up and is so smart! We just can't get enough of her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let Natalie (and Mommy and Daddy) know what you think!!