Saturday, May 2, 2009

Knowing My Little Girl

A few minutes ago, Natalie started fussing. I went and got her pacifier and rocked her a little bit in her vibrating chair. Within moments she was asleep. This moment caused me to stop and have such a moment of pride because I know my little girl. Over the past four months I have developed the deepest, most meaningful relationship one can have. No one knows Natalie like Joel and I do. I have learned the little cries that mean she is hungry, tired, in pain, or just frustrated. I have learned the little looks that she makes when she is trying to process something new or just trying to process gas. I know the books that she likes to look at the most and I know the books that haven't really interested her yet. I know the games that make her laugh and smile the most and which games make her just look at you like you are crazy. I know how she likes her bath and that the first few moments out of the bath are never fun. I know how to get her shirts on with the least amount of fussiness and I know the particular shirts that will make her mad every time. I know how to hold her when she is needing cuddle time and how to hold her when she just wants to see the world from a different view. I know how to zumba with her in her carrier til she laughs like crazy and I know when she is sick of being carried like a parachute jumper. I know how to cut her fingernails and suction her nose right to the point of almost frustration. I know my love for her will continue to grow every moment of every day and that no one can ever take my knowledge and my love of Natalie Lynai away from me. I know and love my little girl.

1 comment:

  1. This post is so beautiful. I have never commented before, but had to this time.
    I am, Rene Homer, from Latrobe a dear friend of Joel's mom (she calls me here "burden bearer"). She is so proud of that little girl! Since she shared this site with me, I have been following her progress. She is a real charmer. God bless you all, Rene

    ReplyDelete

Let Natalie (and Mommy and Daddy) know what you think!!