Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Update

Wow, it has been way too long since I put up a general update! I apologize for really slacking off, since I use to do a weekly update.
I think it is harder for me to do updates now because Natalie is so interactive and fun that I constantly just want to be with her!

We love our new doctor. Dr. Murray completely disagreed with everything that Dr. Lee had said. Dr. Murray said that Natalie is doing great and is completely healthy. I am so thankful that we were able to find a better doctor and fast!

Natalie has been growing and changing so fast. As previously mentioned, Natalie now can turn herself in her exosaucer. She is very methodical in how she plays with all of the toys. She now knows how to interact with all of them. We still get a kick out of hearing the music suddenly start because she has pushed the button again. She always looks very pleased with herself as well.

In the past few weeks, Natalie has deepened her love of sucking her thumb. I know that in the future this could be problematic, but right now it is so adorable. She doesn't do it constantly. She only does it when she is trying to fall asleep. She also seems to like to hold some fabric (one of her security blankets, a bib, her shirt, etc.) in the same hand has she sucks her thumb. Totally makes me think of Linus from the Peanuts. When she is wide awake, she doesn't suck her thumb, but loves chewing on her hands or anything else she can get to her mouth.

Natalie is at a very interesting stage as far as clothing sizes. She can wear some 3-6 month pants, but as far as shirts go- it can be anything from a 3-6 month onesie to a 12 month shirt! Just a few days ago, I cleared out her drawers again of all of the things that don't fit her anymore. It is so crazy how fast it is going!

Natalie still has not rolled over. She gets as close as one could get...but she just can't seem to get her arm out from under her to complete the task. I hope that maybe with me being home more we can do more floor time and work on this more.

She continues to love cereal. I am still only feeding it to her once a day, but she absolutely loves it. She just beams the moment we put her in the highchair. I think feeding her cereal is one of my new favorite things to do as a mommy.

Natalie also loves her pets. Whenever Sophie or Pumba walk by she visibly gets excited by throwing her arms and legs out and smiling really big. Sometimes she will even laugh just at the sight of them. Sophie tends to keep her distance most of the time, but Pumba is so good with her. He loves to sniff her and now he lets her pet/grab his neck fat without even batting an eye. I can't wait to watch them play together as Natalie grows up.

Well now that it is summer, I hope to do a better job of updating. I have one more masters class through June, but then I get to be a stay-at-home mommy for one month- wahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let Natalie (and Mommy and Daddy) know what you think!!