Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Yet Another First!!





Yes, it is another day, and yet, again we have another first! Natalie's first carousel ride! The beauty of me being a stay-at-home mommy for awhile is the fact that I can actually go on play dates with my friends and their babies! My friend Lindsey had free passes for the carousel in the mall because of her two year old Simon's birthday. So she invited a few of us to join them for a play date at the mall. I was disappointed that Joel would miss a first like this, but I was excited to be able to be a part of a fun little get together.
I had no idea how Natalie would react to the ride. I chose a horse that did not move up and down in case she didn't like it too much. Well, I had nothing to fear because as soon as it started she had a big smile on her face and she giggled several times. I am so thankful that my friend Emily was able to capture this shot that I am posting. This is one of those pictures that I will always cherish.
After the ride, we went to the play area that is in the mall. It is actually a really nice area that is free for kids to play and burn off some energy. We put down some blankets so Natalie, Elliot (2.5 weeks younger than Natalie), and Audrey (two months older than Natalie) could play together on the floor. I got some cute shots of them playing, which I will have to post later.
Another semi-milestone today was how long Natalie was able to sit up before falling over. She sat up completely on her own for a good 3-4 minutes today without any support of any kind! She was even able to grab for toys in front of her and wave her arms in excitement without toppling over! I am including a shot from the computer of her sitting on her own today too.
Tomorrow I am watching my friend, Elizabeth's daughter Isla, who just turned a year. It should be an exciting day in the Harris home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let Natalie (and Mommy and Daddy) know what you think!!