Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Yes, Another Day, Another Milestone!

Yes, I already have something else to blog about! This evening Natalie tried a sippy cup for the first time! I had read of other moms introducing a sippy cup around 6 months and that they would put a little bit of water in it, then offer it to the baby after they have had baby food to kind of wash out their mouth.
So while I was out shopping today I looked at all of the different sippy cup options (there are a lot!) and I found one that is meant to be a training/first sippy cup and said it was meant for babies 6 months and older. So I went ahead and purchased that.
After Natalie had her sweet potatoes (by the way, we can say without a doubt that sweet potatoes are her favorite! After every single bite, as soon as she had swallowed, she would immediately open her mouth again and make this "aaahhhh" noise begging for more!) I gave her the sippy cup with just a little bit of water. Now, getting her to put the cup in her mouth was easy, because everything goes into her mouth! But I was impressed at how quickly she put the actual mouth of the sippy cup in her mouth. She even was able to get some water out. She really liked it!
I have to admit though, that now I have a bit of remorse for getting it and having her try it. Everything is going too fast! I can't believe that she has grown and changed so much! I am so happy and so proud of her, yet there is a part of me that is sad for the speed of which everything is happening. It just makes you treasure every single second that much more because they are all so precious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let Natalie (and Mommy and Daddy) know what you think!!