Thursday, February 11, 2010

New Daycare


Wow. First of all, I'm sorry for not writing sooner. Between all of us being sick, and time flying by as it is, things get away from me! Monday was Natalie's first day at her new daycare, and when Nickie called me crying after dropping her off, I realized this was going to be a hard transition. I got to experience it firsthand today when I took Natalie in before work. As soon as we entered the building, she started scream-crying, and never stopped while I was there. Leaving her there with someone I didn't know while she is red in the face and looking at me as if to say "why are you doing this to me?" was probably the single most difficult moment of being Natalie's father so far.

Logically, we know that she is just going through a "stage" and that it will all be fine, and that she'll grow to love the people there, and this will be a distant memory soon, and, and, and...but in the here and now, it's just plain heart-breaking.

The good news is Natalie is healthy again. We're hoping she will stay that way for a while! I will leave now with a random photo...

1 comment:

  1. Those adjustment periods are hard on everyone, you guys, but you WILL get through it and she and you will all be fine, just as you know. Thinking of and praying for you during this emotional time. Luv U! :)

    ReplyDelete

Let Natalie (and Mommy and Daddy) know what you think!!