Monday, August 8, 2011

Hi Ho, Hi Ho...Back to Day Care We Go!

Today was a day that I was dreading, but knew it would come soon enough. Natalie's first day back to day care and my first day back working (technically my first day is the 18th, but it takes much longer to get a classroom up and running)..
We tried our best the past week getting Natalie mentally ready by telling her that she was going to see her friends and get to tell her teachers that she goes on the potty now. We said it enough that by this past weekend Natalie could tell you all of the things that she was going to do with her friends and what she was going to say to Mommy ('Bye Mommy, See you later! Mwah, Mwah, Mwah (blowing three kisses) I was hopefully that maybe our actual drop off would be this good...

Well, it wasn't, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been (while I was there) There wasn't a teacher that I recognized in the room when I went to drop Natalie off and she did not want me to put her down with the kids. She began to whimper and say nonononono...Thankfully a teacher that recognized Natalie came and took her. As I left Natalie wasn't looking my direction, but she wasn't screaming for me, so that was good.

I did get an email from the director (responding to my email letting them know how potty training was going) letting me know that it was a rough start, but Natalie was back to her smiling self. (I later found out that the first hour was spent crying pretty hard to the point that the director came and got her to take her to see Ms. B (one of her teachers who doesn't join Nat until 9) But the rest of the day was positive. Natalie went on the potty 5 times and only had one accident (which was right after her nap and I figured that someone didn't get to her to take her to the potty in time since she is used to me taking her immediately when her eyes open)
Funny thing is that Natalie still was silent all day according to Ms. B! I just cannot believe that Natalie can have such control over her speaking for such a long period of time! Natalie also informed us that Miles gave her a biiiiiig hug (and at one point, claimed that he said, "I love you so much" to her, but later that story changed to her saying it...so not sure if there is any truth or if Natalie is already daydreaming about her crush) She said that she had fun with her friends today and she is very excited about seeing her friends again tomorrow, so that is good!

Unfortunately (or fortunately??) her other teacher was fired while Natalie was gone. I say unfortunately because we had told her that she would see her teacher today and Natalie was excited about seeing her....Fortunately because we are inferring based on other communication from the day care that there was a major problem that happened with her and they fired her immediately! (yikes!) I am a bit tired of drama in the day care world...thankfully it never directly involves Natalie, but it is still troubling. Thankfully, Natalie seems to like her new teacher and already has mentioned her by name several times!

Here's hoping for more good days and less drama!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let Natalie (and Mommy and Daddy) know what you think!!