Saturday, September 24, 2011

Your Grammie

Natalie,
We just got back from Pennsylvania to visit Daddy's family after your Grammie passed away. She left this world on Thursday, September 15, 2011.

I wanted to tell you a little bit about your Grammie. The first thing you must know is that she loved you with all of her heart. She was proud of you. You made her smile and laugh when there wasn't a lot to smile or laugh about in her life.

Grammie was an amazing person, and I can only hope that when it's all over for me, there are half as many nice things said about me and half as many wonderful memories for you to hold onto. Grammie was a strong Christian woman, who never wavered in her faith. She was a friend to all, and an enemy to none. She had what I call an open-heart policy. Her heart was always open if you wanted in. All you had to do was know her. Words really can't express how good of a person she was, and how loved she was (and is). She lives on through memories and through you. You have the same sweet spirit and ability to make others feel special, just like your Grammie. She will watch over you and smile down at you as you grow. I wish you could have known her longer, but I'm glad you got to meet her.

Here are some of my favorite photos of your Grammie....










1 comment:

  1. Joel, that was beautiful. Thank you for sharing those pictures! Some of my favorites, too. We will never forget that lovely smile - the smile/love of Jesus was always on her face, and in her heart!!
    In Christian love, Rene

    ReplyDelete

Let Natalie (and Mommy and Daddy) know what you think!!