Wednesday, December 21, 2011

God is So Amazing to Our Family!

Sometimes you just have to stop and give God the glory for all of the blessings and amazing timing that He always provides!

Last week, I was having a casual conversation with a coworker and she happened to ask about us having another child. I said that mentally I was ready, but financially we were not quite there yet. I went on to say that spending $160 a week for day care for one was enough- that I couldn't imagine paying over double that with two. She looked shocked at the cost and began to tell me about her daughter's preschool. The preschool is literally two blocks from our school. Their hours are 8:10-3:10pm and it costs around $84 a week! I really think that I almost cried at this possibility!

 We took Natalie for a tour yesterday. The preschool is a part of a Catholic K-8 school, but has separate tuition and not as many regulations (with church membership and such). We were very pleased with the warm, friendly environment. We got to meet the teacher, Mrs. Powers, and see her in action with the class. She talked to us for a long time explaining the day and being very positive and welcoming. There were only a few girls there at the time because Tuesdays and Thursdays are lower attendance days because you can do part time as well. Natalie would be with Mrs. Powers for over a year so that she would be in the right group for her future kindergarten grouping. Even that is a positive since Natalie doesn't handle change well.
At that is another piece of God's amazing timing. Natalie is suppose to be changing rooms with her birthday coming up. This means that she will have a completely different teacher at day care, different room, and different kids. This has usually meant that Natalie completely starts over with her ability to calmly and happily go to day care (which honestly. she hasn't been too happy going period lately) The preschool starts on January 5th. Natalie's birthday is Jan 4th, so she can start the first day of school! Also her current day care states that you have to give two weeks notice if you are leaving the program. Today is exactly two weeks from her last day (birthday)!

Another amazing thing is that I am going to be starting an afterschool job at my school and my new boss over the program is willing to let me have Natalie with me at least in the beginning instead of having her stay for their after care program. Amazing!
Also, there are several days that this preschool gets out early, due to Teacher Workshops. Almost all of them fall on Thursdays which is the day of the week that Grandma is off and could come pick her up!

It is just so amazing and awesome how God is providing in our lives right now! And I cannot believe that my daughter will start preschool in two weeks!!!

2 comments:

  1. God IS so good! So happy for you, and Natalie. What a lovely Christmas present!

    God was good to me today, as well. I have been struggling - financially - living on S. S. My brother took me to the store today and payed for all my groceries! He shocked me, and I cried. But like you I know God is good - He is always taking care of us - and I am grateful, each and every day. May you three have a wondeful Christmas. Love, Rene

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great Rene! May many more blessings come your way! Thank you for the Christmas cards too! Natalie loved hers!

    ReplyDelete

Let Natalie (and Mommy and Daddy) know what you think!!