Sunday, January 8, 2012

Another First- Sunday School!

Natalie had another first today! Sunday School! At our church, kids start getting actual bible lessons at the age of 3 (they have recently started adding mini lessons in the nursery) so today was
Natalie's first time in Sunday school! We of course did not know how it would go, with her crying and clinging past. I stayed with her for the first
15 minutes. She did get a bit teary and wanted to always have her hand on me, but she didn't totally freak. They sang two songs while I was there- I found myself getting teary when they sang Jesus Loves Me- ugh this week has been hard on me! I had to go do the bible story for the older kids, so I told her that I would be back and asked one of the teachers to hold her hand since that seems to help. When I was finished with the bible story, I peeked through the window of the door and the
teacher gave me a thumbs up, so I didn't go in and went into service instead! At the end of service they said she did great! She did her craft all by herself and never got upset! Natalie told me that she told them that I went to work (her only explanation for when I am not with her!) I am including the pictures of her crafts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let Natalie (and Mommy and Daddy) know what you think!!