Saturday, February 11, 2012

Love note

Dear Natalie,

I was simply going to write "I love you." But that seemingly little phrase encompasses so much more than you might interpret it to, so to be safe, I wrote this:

Just a note to let you know how much you mean to me. Of course, that's impossible, as there are not enough (nor powerful enough) words in any language to express it, but I will try my best.

Your laugh is like a song that makes me happy in a way I can't describe. I can't help but to smile at your silly antics and your amazing sense of humor. Your bright eyes are always aglow with the spark of curiosity and imagination. It's amazing to watch you figure things out for the first time, and to see you catch on so quickly to concepts that I thought were well beyond your grasp. I am proud of you for being gentle, respectful and encouraging to others. My heart melts when you say that you love me, and I feel so loved when you give me a long, tight hug.

Thank you for being such a wonderful little girl, and more than I could've dreamed my child would be. I am looking forward to the journey we will take together in the coming years, and pray that I make you feel as loved and as proud as you make me feel.

Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let Natalie (and Mommy and Daddy) know what you think!!