Sunday, June 1, 2014

Pre-K Graduate!

Natalie,
You know, when I come to your blog, I sometimes feel guilty for not having written in it for so long, but you know what? I think of all the fun we're having together, and all of the lifelong memories we're creating as a family. It's kind of bittersweet, because on one hand I know that living the life and creating memories is more important than documenting your life every day or every week, etc, but on the other hand... I want to capture those memories in photos and in words. Believe me, we take TONS of photos, but the "words" part is what I need to work on. I'm not going to play catch-up here, but I will say the most recent thing in your life at this point is that you graduated Pre-K Wednesday night!!! You were SO awesome, singing and dancing and speaking on the mic in front of the crowd!! This was like a different you! You used to be so shy and introverted when it came to presenting yourself in front of others. This night proved to us that you have grown so much recently, and it's an absolute joy to watch you blossom into the amazing young lady that you are. Mommy and I loved seeing you chatting with your girlfriends and playing with them all night. We loved seeing you overcome your inhibitions by being front and center on stage. We loved seeing you grow up before our eyes in the photo montage that Ms Mandeville prepared. Again, bittersweet. We both shed a tear or two upon realizing that you ARE growing up quickly. We have done our best, though, to make sure you grow up to be the best person you can be, and you are most certainly doing your part. You're an intelligent, creative (you did win an art award after all!) kind and HILARIOUS young lady. So, as hard as it is to let go of our little girl, we are so proud of the big girl you have become. I love you more than any words can say. Thank you for bringing so much joy into my life and flooding my heart with love. In short- you are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let Natalie (and Mommy and Daddy) know what you think!!