Sunday, August 23, 2009

Can We Get a Round of Applause??





Yesterday, Natalie clapped for the first time! And now she is a clapping fool! It is so cute to see her finally figure out how to put her hands together and make noise. This weekend has actually been a very musical weekend. Natalie got her first musical instrument. It is a little piano/xylophone toy. She loves it as well. (I need to get a picture of both of these things, but alas, I currently do not. Actually, the only pictures I have this evening are of Natalie after a bath and Natalie with me after getting my new glasses. I will post more later.
Tomorrow is the first day of school (with students) so our summer is officially over. Natalie has been such a joy this summer and I am so glad that I am blessed enough to have the time that I did. (Of course if someone would like to pay me to stay at home with my little girl, I wouldn't object either!)
This evening Natalie also really began adding consonants to her babbling- lots of B and D sounds (Grandma (my mom) thinks it is strange that I make such observations about her babbling (about vowels and consonants) I guess that shows that I am a teacher!
This week Natalie has also added having lunch to her day. So currently, she is having 2 tablespoons of cereal with a 1/2 tub (stage 2) fruit for breakfast, 1/2 tub veggies for lunch; and 1/2 tub of fruit and 1/2 tub of veggies for supper with 3-4 bottles per day. She enjoys her puffs more now. She actually "chews" them, which is quite cute. She still loves her sippy cups, yet I still am not sure how much water she is actually drinking.
I can't believe she is getting close to 8 months old!!! Time is flying!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let Natalie (and Mommy and Daddy) know what you think!!