Monday, August 31, 2009

Weekend at Grandma and Grandpa's





Natalie spent the night for the second time at grandma and grandpa's this past weekend. This time the request came from grandma and grandpa!

Natalie and I met Grandma in Jacksonville where we found the mother-load of a garage sale! There were the nicest, cutest outfits ever there! This lady really knew how to keep outfits together and nice. I think she literally purchased a new item for her ONE child every day! We joked that we need to become this lady's friend so she will continue to pass on such clothes as her daughter continues to grow!

Natalie, Grandma and I first went to see her Great Grandma in Rushville. Natalie had a great ride. She went between laughing at herself to sleeping the whole time. Once we were there, unfortunately it did take her a minute to warm up to her great grandma since it had been almost two months since she saw her. Thankfully it didn't take too long though. Her great grandma got her a cute doll that moves and sings. Natalie loved it! While at grandma's, Natalie had two firsts! She gave her first kiss! I am very happy (much to grandma's dismay) that the first kiss was mine. Grandma quickly got her own though! The second thing she did for the first time is kind of hard to explain. Her grandma and I had been lightly tapping our fingers on her mouth to make Natalie make Indian sounds. Suddenly on Saturday, she discovered that she could use her own hand (the back of it) and move her hand over her mouth to make the same noise! She was quite tickled with her discovery!
Natalie stayed with Grandma and Grandpa that night. It sounded like she had a perfect visit- throughly enjoyed by everyone! Even I was able to relax and enjoy my evening more than last time! Joel and I laughed at the thought of just making this a routine! However, after talking to my mom tonight- they are both still recovering, so I am not sure they would really be up for that! On Sunday, Natalie got to enjoy a church service with her parents and grandparents (all while entertaining everyone sitting around us as well with all of her giggles and smiles) It was a great, busy weekend for Nattie!

Natalie has her first "school" pictures tomorrow. I still can't decide what to have her wear! I have too many options thanks to fabulous grandmas!!!

Natalie will be celebrating her 8 month birthday this week!! Time continues to fly! I can't wait to take our monthly update picture! We think that she has had another growth spurt with her height. It will be interesting to see if we are right!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Nickie! Natalie, I hope you gave your mom lots of kisses for her special day today!

    ReplyDelete

Let Natalie (and Mommy and Daddy) know what you think!!