Monday, January 4, 2010

A Note to the Birthday Girl

Dear Natalie,
Happy Birthday sweetie! I can't believe it is already time to say that to you! It seems like just yesterday when your daddy and I were driving to the hospital, praying that everything was going to go ok- shocked that you would be arriving so soon.
I cannot thank you enough for the love and joy that you have added to my life. There isn't a moment in the day that goes by without me thinking about you or enjoying something about you. I also know that I have not shed this many happy tears in my entire life until now (including right now as I write this). You make me so proud with everything you do. Your personality is one of the happiest, most enjoyable ones that I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing. Your smile and giggle can light up any room. Your eyes, and especially your eyelashes can make anyone love you and be jealous of you all at the same time.
Sometimes I miss the days when I could just hold you for hours while you napped....or the days that I could just videotape you simply existing because even that was such a beautiful thing to watch. However, you are now so amazing with your flurry of activity and constant learning that I don't have much time to stop and think about missing anything but the moment we are in! I love feeling your little hands reaching for mine so you can walk. I love watching you hold up that same book that we have just read thirty times, wanting to read it just once more.
I love watching you burst with love and excitement when Daddy comes in the door. I love that you have so much love for him, just like I do. And I love that you have the two of us to constantly love you and to watch us love each other for your entire life.
Your sense of humor cracks me up. You never get tired of sneaking up on Daddy with me, and I love watching your face as you try to hold in your giggles until the last moment.
Just recently, you have begun to really talk in your own way. I love hearing your voice develop and I cannot wait until the day that you and I can talk together about all kinds of things and I can hear you say I love you Mommy, when I tell you how much I love you.
Your kisses, even though they are quite large and sloppy, are the best. Your hugs, even if most of them happen because you are tired, fill my soul. Even when you decide to show Mommy how strong your teeth are, in a way, I love that too.
Well, it is getting harder to see the computer through my tears, so I better stop. Thank you baby girl for this past year. You have been an amazing baby and I will cherish each and every one of my memories. I cannot wait to make lots of new memories with you as you move on into being an amazing toddler. I love you more than anything, Natalie Lynai. Happy Birthday!
Love Always and Forever and Ever,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. BEAUTIFUL, Nickie ... How Precious that Natalie will have these to reflect back on as she grows into a Beautiful Young Lady!

    You are a PRECIOUS, PRECIOUS FAMILY! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete

Let Natalie (and Mommy and Daddy) know what you think!!