Saturday, April 17, 2010

WE ARE WALKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES! We have finally done it!  Natalie is finally walking!!!  This morning, Grandma came to visit, and Natalie took two very small, scared steps.  Immediately after that she screamed and cried like it was the most traumatic thing ever.  It was very strange and made us question if the child would ever walk!
Later, we were at a garage sale and the lady running the sale was talking about her daughter not walking at fifteen months, but she walked the first day they went to physical therapy.  Honestly, that really upset me because I hated the idea of Natalie needing to go to therapy because she wasn't walking.
I guess Natalie felt bad about upsetting me, because later on this evening, we were playing a game where Natalie was putting my shoes on, so I put her shoes on.  I stood her up...and she just went!  She took 4 steps without stopping! Soon after that, she took like 10 steps at a time--- many times!  They are still very cautious steps, but she is doing it all by herself!!!

I got some video of it that we will add to this post soon.  Until then, here is a recent family picture from a birthday party we were at.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let Natalie (and Mommy and Daddy) know what you think!!