Monday, July 25, 2011

I Think We Have...

A Pretty Much Potty Trained Girl!
For any other mom reading this and struggling with potty training, what they say is really true- they will become trained when they are ready!
I had kind of promised myself and day care that Natalie would be potty trained while home over the summer. But for the first almost two months, no matter what I did, Natalie was not successful. And for my perfectionist side, it was driving me crazy! I hated hearing about other kids easily becoming trained while my daughter was being so stubborn! I felt like a failure each time we went back to diapers and I laid off of her for awhile. A little over a week ago, I slowly tried to get Natalie to go and I swear a light bulb just came on! The first day she had one success, but every other time just kind of announced that she just went, which was progress! The next couple of days we had 2-3 successes and in the past 3 days we have had 2 out of 3 be a complete 24 hour success! Number 2 is still kinda scary for her and I think she is holding it more than she normally would. I also have to do more encouraging of her to stay and keep trying to get 2s to happen, but I know that is normal too.
I am not sure if she would tell me on her own when she has to go yet though. Right now, I am asking her pretty regularly if she needs to go. She is good about knowing if she needs to say yes or no to that question, but she has never told me on her own. I think I am too excited about all of the successes right now that I don't want to try anything new that would jeopardize that right now.
We are so excited and proud of our little girl who is growing up way too fast! (However our budget is quite excited about this development! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let Natalie (and Mommy and Daddy) know what you think!!