Monday, July 25, 2011

Natalie's First Movie in the Theaters!

Last week, Natalie went to her first movie theater movie with me, Winnie the Pooh! It was a perfect first movie because it was a cartoon, it was short, and it was filled with characters that Natalie knows.
I was a little weary of having this first experience because I wasn't sure if Natalie was old enough, but I told myself that we would just try and if it wasn't going well, we could easily leave.
I asked Natalie if she wanted to see Winnie the Pooh on a really big screen. She paused for a really long time and then said, "I guess so" (new phrase that I had never heard!)
When we got there, of course we had to get popcorn (something Natalie loves) Unfortunately soon after sitting down, she did spill a nice handful. I have taught her quite well to clean up spills as soon as they happen...well, that came back to haunt me because she was determined to immediately start cleaning up the movie theater floor. Thankfully I convinced her to leave the mess. It was adorable to see her in the movie theater seat because without my hand holding the seat down, it would consume her so that her knees were at her mouth. Very funny!
Overall, she did great with actually watching the movie. She did get a bit restless towards the end and kept moving from my lap to her seat. And then she was a bit distracted when she discovered how the movie was being projected onto the screen. But she clapped when it was over and said, "Good Movie!" Here is her first movie review!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let Natalie (and Mommy and Daddy) know what you think!!