Saturday, October 1, 2011

Random Photos and Random Update




Some random photos for you and a random update!

Natalie continues to impress us with her knowledge, growth, and personality. She is such a beautiful girl inside and out!
It is so amazing to be able to have such lengthy and humorous conversations with her. Her vocabulary grows constantly. However, sometimes, she just isn't ready for a word. For example, I told her that we couldn't run around the car because it was dangerous. She looked at me like I was crazy and said, "Mommy, I don't have a dress!" (That is all that she heard..dang...dress? For the life of me I could not get her to hear the actual word properly. It was really funny.
However, she did use the word "instead" correctly, and I found that pretty impressive!

Potty training is completely through at home and she is 100% successful at home and on the weekends. However, for some reason, she can still not have success with number 2's at day care. So she still needs pull-ups there...but I really don't understand why she can be perfect here with it, but not there....Maybe she is just a very private girl.

Day care continues to have its ups and downs. If it is a day that I have to take her in early (which means that she doesn't start in her actual classroom with her actual teachers) then she has a complete melt down with screaming, crying, and grabbing for me with every limb, every finger, every toe. It is a terrible way to start my morning. Frankly, I probably spend a longer time crying about it afterwards than she does. Now, if Daddy takes her in later and she goes directly to her classroom with her teachers, she is fine! I am quite jealous of the difference! Thankfully, I know that overall, she loves her time with her friends. (Side bar: Have we ever mentioned that Natalie speaks with a southern accent many times? Friends comes out "frieeeeeends" (think of a very very Southern, Southern Belle) And the word help is "hayelp"...can't is "cayn't" We have no idea where or how this started, but it is pretty funny!)

For quite some time, Natalie was obsessed with Cosby show. I will upload the videos of her dancing to the openings after this post. She loved watching full episodes and even carried around the dvd book with her everywhere. (See, her mommy already loved Cosby and had two seasons on dvd, so it was a great obsession for her to have) We are even considering a Cosby-themed third birthday party. With that said, I think we have had about two weeks where she hasn't been watching him as much, so that may need to change. Her current favorites are a show called Big, Big Friend (I have no idea what channel actually shows it, we only have it on netflix) and Elmo. Clearly, we will have to wait a bit more before deciding on any birthday theme for her.

Another random update (very overdue)- Natalie has to play with my elbows as she falls asleep. If you remember from previous posts, she used to need to "tuck" her arm up my sleeve. With warmer weather during spring and summer, this was not always possible. So she came up with grabbing and playing with my elbow as she falls asleep. It is such an important step to her falling asleep that she will begin to play with my elbow as she is doing something else if she is beginning to get tired/sleepy. When she grabs for the elbow, you know she needs to fall asleep!

Her new favorite food is bagels with cream cheese. Funny story: before her discovery of cream cheese, I used to melt cheese on a bagel for a sandwich for her. So the other night, I still did this. Well, Natalie made it very clear that she thought I was giving her a bagel with cream cheese. She flipped out and said NO NO NO NO, I want white cheese! I want white cheese! So now when she asks for a bagel, she specifies that she wants a bagel with WHITE cheese. I will never make that mistake again! :)

Today we are taking Natalie to her second trip to a theater today to go see Lion King that has been rereleased. We decided to not take her to the 3D version because we aren't sure she would keep the glasses on and do not want to spend $10 for her to see a blurry mess. She is very excited about going and even woke us up early today saying that she was going to see a movie on biiiiiiiiig screeeeeeen!

Those are all of the random updates that I can think of for right now!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Nicky, Natalie & I would have a great time together - Cosby is my favorite, too!! Sure wish there were more shows like that one on TV nowadays!! I do hope that you have received the reading I sent a few days ago. God's blessings on you all - such a wonderful family. Thanks for allowing me to share in your joy. Love, Rene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rene, thank YOU for your comments and kind words. We received your card today and it was timely and much appreciated! I will e-mail you soon with our e-mail information.

    ReplyDelete

Let Natalie (and Mommy and Daddy) know what you think!!