Thursday, January 5, 2012

First Day at "Big Girl School"!

Today was Natalie's first day at big girl school (preschool) She was in good spirits this morning and didn't seem totally against the idea, so we were hopeful for a good day!
As I was driving her there, she kept saying, "where is big girl school?" which was cute since she always knew our route to day care so she could tell this was different. When we arrived she wanted me to carry her. I told her that you have to walk at big girl school. She said, "oh ok" and walked without a fight. When we got inside she was standing very close to me. I spoke with the teacher and then Nat let me know that she needed to go potty. By the time we did that, the other kids had arrived, so I said goodbye. Her lip started to quiver and I told her that we don't cry at school, we have fun. She quietly whimpered an ok. But unlike day care she didn't cling or actually start crying so it was a success to me. (unlike myself that bawled in the school office as I turned in paperwork and all the way to work!)
When I picked her up, Mrs Powers did say that she cried a bit, but then played and had a good day. She did have an accident but it was while they were outside so here's praying that was a fluke. Mrs Powers also said that she ate really well and took a long nap.
Natalie was most excited about the ring, sticker, and most of all the helium balloon that she got today. She played with it all night. We did notice that she must have fallen at some point because her knees are bruised and scraped up a bit- definitely not slowing her down though!
She is actually saying that she wants to go back tomorrow- here is praying that she means that in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let Natalie (and Mommy and Daddy) know what you think!!